International protection module
The subject module of international protection is directed to the beneficiaries of international protection in Estonia. The objective of the training course is to assist the beneficiaries of international protection in their successful adaption in the Estonian society through thorough acquisition of facts and contacts concerning the operation of the state and society, organization of everyday life, culture and working environment, etc.
NB! Only the beneficiaries of international protection in Estonia can take part of the international protection module. The training course lasts for 3 days.
The training course covers the most significant topics that a beneficiary of international protection in Estonia may need to build up their lives again and cope in Estonia independently.
The training course focuses on the following topics:
- general facts about the state of Estonia
- legal information related to the type of migration, including the conditions for issuing and extending a residence permit
- social welfare – what is the social welfare system like in Estonia, and what kind of support is given by the state and the local government
- education – access to education and opportunities for continuing education
- work culture and working in Estonia
- financial literacy
- place of residence and rules of cohabitation
- support services for the beneficiaries of international protection in Estonia etc
When you have passed the international protection module:
- you will have a general overview of the state of Estonia
- you will know your rights and obligations and where you can find additional information about your rights and obligations, if necessary
- you will know, how the Estonian social welfare system works, and where you can find additional information, if necessary
- you will know, what kind of services are provided by the state and the local government
- you will have an overview of the educational system, and where you can find additional information about starting or continuing your education
- you will know, how to manage your everyday financial affairs
- you will have an overview of your housing-related obligations, requirements and rights, and you will know the general apartment or hostel building rules that should be followed
- you will have an overview of what kind of support services are provided to the beneficiaries of international protection in Estonia
The training day is arranged, keeping in mind the characteristics of both adult learning, as well as the needs of beneficiaries of international protection. The training has a very practical and communication-based nature: a major part of the training consists of exercises, group work and discussions. The training day gives you numerous opportunities to immediately apply the obtained knowledge in practice, ask questions, and get answers to your questions. The training focuses on adaptation support, giving relevant information and creating a support network that helps to adapt.
All participants will receive comprehensive training material, which includes all the topics covered during the training course and gives thorough answers to most questions that the beneficiaries of international protection in Estonia may have. In addition, the training material includes important references and contacts for receiving additional information.
STRUCTURE OF THE TRAINING DAY(S)
The training course lasts for 3 days (8 hours per day) and is divided into different sessions based on topics.
Each training day will end with a round-up, where the participants can ask questions on any topic that remained unclear for them or that they would like to know more about. Then, every participant can highlight the most important things they will remember from the training day. The participants will receive contact details they can use when they have questions after the training course.
The training facilitators will serve coffee, tea and snacks to the participants. Lunch facilities are available near the training location.
In order to receive additional information about the international protection module, please contact the training providers at email@example.com.