The basic module is meant for all new arrivals with a purpose to provide basic knowledge about the core values and functioning principles of the Estonian states, rights and obligations of its residents, and daily life and cultural environment in the country.
The module also provides information
- about the Estonian ID card/residence card and its uses;
- on the e-services offered in Estonia and how to use them;
- on the support services available to new arrivals;
- on how to participate in civil society etc. and much more
The module also explains the most common features of Estonian culture and personality traits of Estonians and covers many other topics which facilitate a quick and smooth adaptation.
The purpose of this training course is to help you accommodate to Estonian society through acquiring knowledge about the functioning of the state and the society, about Estonian daily life and cultural environment.
During the training course, the most important topics will be discussed which any foreigner arriving to settle in Estonia could benefit from knowing in order to adapt more easily.
Among others, the topics include the following:
- Legal status of foreigners in Estonia
- Basics of the functioning of the state
- Fundamental values of Estonian society
- The most important authorities and their duties
- Opportunities for active participation in civil society
- Where to get help in an emergency
- Various uses of digital identity documents
- Various uses of e-services
- Performing bank transactions
- Opportunities to have your certified education acknowledged
- Basic facts about the Estonian health care system
- Transport, traffic and participation in it
- Overview of Estonians’ conversation habits
- Opportunities for recreation in Estonia
- overview of services meant for foreigners